On this page
- I can't turn on the reader
- I can't connect the reader to the Vinoshipper Mobile App
- The reader lost connection with the device when it was turned off
- I need to reset the reader as it's showing no response
- I've tried the steps above and the reader is still not working
- The reader cannot read the payment method successfully
I can't turn on the reader
Ensure the reader is charged. Check for physical damage to the reader and that the reader's LEDs are green when charging. If the reader still won't turn on, contact us.
I can't connect the reader to the Vinoshipper Mobile App
Confirm the reader is powered on (press the power button to restart your reader), charged, and not connected to another device.
- Ensure that the reader was fully disconnected from any previous device using the Vinoshipper Mobile App directly, rather than taking the reader out of range.
- Ensure that the reader was not previously paired to a device via the device's Bluetooth settings. Go to the Bluetooth settings of any previously paired devices and if the reader appears, tap Forget This Device.
Confirm the reader is in range of the iOS device (usually 10-20 feet).
Troubleshoot the reader / iOS device's Bluetooth connection:
- If the reader is in a holster or case, attempt to connect to the reader without the holster or case.
- Attempt to connect to the reader with the iOS device's WiFi settings turned off. It's possible that the WiFi is interfering with the ability to connect to the reader via Bluetooth. If the connection succeeds with WiFi turned off, take one of the following approaches to resolve:
- Reconnect the iOS device to the internet using a cellular connection.
- Move closer to the WiFi access point to reduce WiFi interference.
- Reset the WiFi router to a 5GHz band to ensure 2.4GHz band (shared by Bluetooth) isn't too crowded.
The reader lost connection with the device when it was turned off
- Press the power button to turn on the reader again - the reader should automatically reconnect with your smartphone or tablet.
- The reader may be at a lower battery level, please use the USB cable to recharge it, and try connecting it again.
- Ensure the device or smartphone/tablet is within the reception range.
I need to reset the reader as it's showing no response
Press the reset button (using a paperclip or similar instrument) at the bottom of the reader to reboot it.
I've tried the steps above and the reader is still not working
Check on the following:
- Make sure the reader's software is up-to-date. See Update card reader software for instructions.
- Ensure Location Services are turned on for the iOS device - GPS location coordinates are required for payments to succeed.
- Ensure Bluetooth is turned on in the iOS device's settings – Bluetooth is required to connect the device to the reader.
- Always connect to the reader directly from the Vinoshipper Mobile App. Do not connect it via the iOS device's Bluetooth settings menu. Upon connecting, the status LEDs on top of the reader will flash 4 times.
- Always disconnect the reader directly from within the Vinoshipper Mobile App before connecting it to another iOS device.
- Keep your readers charged. Readers should last for ~10 hours of standby use.
The reader cannot read the payment method successfully
- For contactless payments, please ensure the card or mobile device is placed within 1.5 in/4 cm of the contactless tap logo.
- For swipe payments and contactless EMV card payments, please ensure the card is oriented correctly as shown.
- For swipe payments, please note that on EMV cards that support chip and contactless, magswipe is intended to be a fallback only and will fail if attempted before several chip or contactless attempts have been made.
- Tips for inserting or swiping a card:
- Check if the Vinoshipper Mobile App instructs to swipe, insert or tap the card.
- Ensure that there is no obstacle in the card slots.
- Check if the magstripe or EMV chip is facing the correct direction when swiping or inserting the card.
- Swipe or insert the card at a steady speed.
- For contactless cards:
- Check that the card supports NFC payment.
- Ensure the card is placed within 1.5 in/4 cm range on top of the NFC marking.
- Take the card out of any enclosures, such as a wallet or purse, to avoid any interference.