Setting Up New Discounts
All the options are under DISCOUNTS.
Discounts can be triggered and factored by the following options
Minimum & maximum order quantities can be set.
- Dollar Value
A minimum dollar value can be required.
- Product Specific Discounts
Items can be included and excluded from an offer(s).
- Discount Value
Choose between a percent of the sale or a flat dollar amount discount.
IMPORTANT: Do not discount products more than 60% to ensure the order is compliant.
- Shipping Discounts
- Flat Rate Shipping
NOTE: When using Flat Rate Shipping, the customer is charged the flat rate even if the actual shipping fee is less than the flat rate.
Example: Make all 12 bottle orders ship for $22.00.
- Percent Discount
Example: Order 12 bottles and save 20% off shipping.
- Specified Dollar Value
Example: Order 12 bottles and save $10 off shipping.
- Complimentary Shipping is paid for.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Packaging Fees
You can keep or waive this fee.
On the receipt, the packaging fee can now be combined with the shipping fee.
Discount Time Frame
You can specify start dates, end dates and time frames for discounts to be honored.
Each unique club, shopping cart (automatic), and discount offer can be set independently (not combined with other offers) or stacked (Combined with other selected offers).
Example: If you offer club members 10% off additional purchases and provide $10.00 off shipping of 9 or more bottles, you can choose to have the two offers applied to the single purchase, or not.
Individual Customer Discount
This is a discount code that is exclusive to a specific customer, which can be used once.
Example: When a new member registers for your club, you may provide a “Welcome” coupon that includes an embedded discount code for them to receive a $15.00 discount on a purchase of $50 or more in the next 45 days.
Benefits of Unique Club Member Discounts
Each club can have its own unique discount. This means that people in your case club can have a different discount than people in the ½ case club, and so forth.
Make Your Discounts Work for You
Many wineries never use discounts and we are not encouraging you to do so. However, if you do, you are in control of how discounts can be applied and combined (stacked).
- Make your discount programs simple.
- Know your profit margin so you understand the financial impact of your discounts.
- Consider how a new discount will combine with existing discounts. From club member discounts to volume purchases and discount codes.
- If you positioned your products with more education, recipes, pairing, etc., could you generate the same loyalty and sales without a discount?
- Do not say "Free Shipping". It isn't legal to use in any promotional way. You can use shipping included, paid shipping, or complimentary. Just don't use the word “Free”.
- Protect your brand by not over-discounting your product. Do you want a bargain basement product or a premium brand?
- Bargain hunters are not necessarily the most loyal customers.
- If you are offering discounts, they should be a part of your overall business plan.
Three Types of Discounts
- Automatic Discounts
Automatic discounts will be applied to a customer's shopping cart as soon as their order meets the criteria.
- Club Discounts
Release Discounts are set up in the club release.
Club members are identified by their email address and Club Member Discounts will be applied during checkout once the customer has entered their email address.
- Discount Codes
Discount Code discounts will be applied when used during checkout or when selecting a payment method.
NOTE: You can create custom discounts for customers if you are placing an order for them, but know that creating a custom discount will remove any automatically applied discounts. To create a custom discount:
- Click +CREATE CUSTOM DISCOUNT
- Choose Custom Discount, No Discount, or any discount that has already been created.
- If you choose Custom Discount:
- Choose the discount type (percent or dollar amount), if applicable
- Choose a shipping discount type, if applicable
- Pick Standard Packaging Fee or Custom Packaging Fee
- Click SAVE.
- If you choose to delete the custom discount, click USE DEFAULT DISCOUNT.
For more information about placing an order, click here.
Tracking the Use of Discounts
To easily track the use of each discount code & automatic discount, go to Reports > Additional Reports and download the Discount Performace report.
- Discount Lookup
Offers are stored and can be “searched for” so you can review their details.
- Customer Receipt
When a discount is applied, the discount name(s) will be on the receipt.
Discount codes, club discounts, and volume discounts can be combined. Making sure you understand the sum of any combined discounts is key to you keeping the profit margin you need. As each offer is added you can test and see how it will be applied with the provided “simulator”. In your account, you can use the simulator which allows you to create sample orders and see the impact of your discounts.
Shopping Cart Sales
Discounts are automatically applied to sales made through the Vinoshipper provided shopping cart. Every account includes, at no extra cost, a fully compliant shopping cart and club management tool.
Ground, 2nd & 3rd Day, and Overnight Shipments
By setting a minimum dollar value or bottle quantity, you allow the customer to select the speed of delivery, pay the extra cost for speedy delivery but they can still benefit from any shipping discount you offer.
SHOPPING CART & CLUB REGISTRATION