FAQ: Current Producer
On this page
- Application Fees
- Production Agreement
- New Products
Application Fees (effective July 1, 2022)
- 1.85% of product selling price
- Shipped items: $0.75 per item
- Pick up items: $0.15 per item
Credit Card Processing
- 2.9% of full order value
If you enter into a wine production agreement with us, we will pay you a production fee of 90.25% of the product selling price less an administration fee of $0.75 per item.
Note: Marketplace Facilitator States
In the states where we qualify as a Marketplace Facilitator, we will charge and pay state sales tax on your behalf at no additional cost.
How do I get started with Vinoshipper?
Register at vinoshipper.com/get-started.
How do I update my contact information?
- Log in to your account.
- Go to Account/Profile and click "Edit" in the top right corner.
- Make your changes.
- Click on the "Save" button.
I've lost my password. What do I do now?
- Click "Sign In" on the Vinoshipper home page.
- Click "Reset Password". This will take you to the Password Reset page.
- Enter the email address that you registered with.
- A link to reset your password will be emailed to you.
- When you receive the email, click on the link and enter your new password.
Does my account come with Club Management?
Do I need to upgrade my account to get the shopping cart?
Not at all. Each account comes with a fully compliant shopping cart & online club registration which can be placed on most websites and even Facebook.
Listing a New Product
How do I add a new item?
Click on the Products tab, then select List A New Product. This will present a form that you fill in for each new item you want to add.
Who sets the product price?
At Vinoshipper, we follow your Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) to set the product price.
Does Vinoshipper use my customer information?
Do I have access to my own customer information?
Yes, in great detail.
What email communications do customers receive?
- Order confirmation — Listing the items placed and other order details
- Shipment is on its way — Providing shipping tracking number(s)
- Age verification failure notification
- Notification of failed delivery attempts
- Order delivery notification
- Changes to order such as new shipping address
- Cancellation notices
How do I search for orders?
Click Orders on the top navigation bar. You can see Shipments, Customer Pickups, and Completed orders.
How does the Vinoshipper system work?
Once the customer has completed their purchase, our system automatically generates an order alert that is sent to your company via email.
I just received the order notification from Vinoshipper. What do I do now?
Every new order has instructions on how to fulfill the order.
If you are logged into your Vinoshipper account you can select the link which is provided in the email. That link will take you directly to the order OR login and go to your account, select ORDERS, then ORDER LIST and select the specific order.
Print the packing slip (which defines the items which were ordered) and the UPS label.
Pack the box and affix the label to the shipping carton(s). Select the "UPS Pick Up" button and the UPS truck will come (at no charge to you) to pick up the package (m-f, no holidays) or take the package(s) to UPS.
Why do you use only UPS?
We have integrated our order entry, shipping, and tracking system with UPS's. They provide a very sophisticated system that streamlines the process of shipping safely and legally while keeping the cost of shipping low.
How do I track shipments?
Once you print the shipping label the tracking number is added to your order and is also emailed to the customer once UPS scans the label. This way you, the customer, and Vinoshipper all have access to track the shipment.
How many attempts will UPS make to deliver an order?
UPS will attempt to deliver the order three times. After the third try they will hold the order for five days and if delivery cannot be resolved they will return the package to the producer.
How do I know that someone age 21 or older will take possession of an alcohol product once it's delivered?
We have two layers of verification. When the buyer registers our system checks that they are 21 years of age or older. Additionally, UPS ensures that their drivers will physically hand the shipment to individuals who have definitively proven that they are 21 or older.
Where can wine, mead, or cider be shipped?
- The rules and regulations for shipping wine vary by state. See the list here.
- International shipments are not available at this time.
Can I redirect a shipment to a new address?
Yes. The shipping fee will be applied to the sale.
How do I search for my completed sales?
The Sales History report presents all of your sales information in great detail.
How do I gain access to the names and contact information of the Vinoshipper customers who have ordered my products?
In your account on the main navigation bar click on "Customers" then "Customer List".
Who pays sales and excise taxes?
Sales made on the Vinoshipper Network are filed and paid by Vinoshipper. Sales on Your Producer Permits:
- Vinoshipper processes and incurs the merchant processing fees as well as all compliance checks.
- Vinoshipper remits the $ sales tax collected to the producer.
- The producer pays and files the sales and excise taxes for all sales made on your permits.
- The producer is responsible for paying all applicable excise taxes for the states shipped to on your permits.
- Signature-ready reports are ready for you to download in your account to assist with this reporting.
- You Print, Sign, Insert a check and Send! EASY!
How do I know that the shipments are compliant with direct to consumer shipping state laws?
Vinoshipper ensures all rules, regulations, and tax rates are continuously updated and applied.
Which states require label registration?
Montana, Connecticut, and New Jersey. Please contact us for details.
Can I see how much money is in my account?
Your sales information is available any time you want on your Sales History page.
When do I receive funds?
Daily settlements utilizing Stripe Connect to transfer payments within three business days after sale.
Optional Transfer Method
Settlements twice per month thereby reducing settlement tracking and accounting. Payments are processed as follows:
- Sales from 1st to 15th are transferred on the last day of month.
- Sales from 16th to Month's End are transferred on the 15th of the following month.
Can Vinoshipper's sales information be imported into my accounting system?
We do offer an order export API that order information can be exported through. You can also export all the sales history data. See "Reports" in your account.