On this page
- What are the benefits of the Stripe Reader M2 card reader?
- How do I purchase Stripe Reader M2 card readers?
- What optional accessories are available for the Stripe Reader M2 card reader?
- How do I view the reader's connection status?
- How often should I charge the reader?
- How do I view the reader's charging status?
- How do I turn off the reader?
- What do the different LED lights and reader sounds mean?
What are the benefits of the Stripe Reader M2 card reader?
- Security. The Stripe™ Reader M2 card readers are EMV-certified, which makes our data more secure and reduces liability for any potential fraudulent charges. They also provide end-to-end encryption out of the box, and are (P2PE) point-to-point encryption-ready.
- Speed. The Stripe Reader M2 card reader is designed for fast, reliable transactions.
- Accessories. The Stripe Reader M2 card reader can be used with an optional dock for countertop checkout experiences, or mounted to a mobile device for roaming checkout experiences.
How do I purchase Stripe Reader M2 card readers?
To order a card reader, please send an email to email@example.com with the number of card readers you would like, the address to ship them to, and a phone number for the order. Card readers with mount are $70 each.
What optional accessories are available for the Stripe Reader M2 card reader?
- The Mount for Stripe Reader M2 can be used to securely, but non-permanently, attach the reader to a surface, such as an iPad.
- The Dock for Stripe Reader M2 provides a convenient countertop checkout experience. Its weighted aluminium construction provides stability during payment, and it can be used with a charging cable to keep the reader fully charged.
Please contact us for instructions on obtaining Stripe Reader M2 card reader accessories.
How do I view the reader's connection status?
The Vinoshipper Mobile App displays the card reader connection status as a part of the Credit Card Reader details within Settings. The card reader connection status can also be seen on the menu bar on the iPad.
|Connect Card Reader||Device does not have a paired card reader|
|Connecting...||Device is attempting to establish a connection to a card reader|
|Connected||Device is actively connected to a card reader|
|Not Connected||Device is paired with a card reader but not currently connected to it|
|Update Available||Device is actively connected to a card reader for which an update is available|
How often should I charge the reader?
Under typical usage, you should charge the reader once a day. A fully charged reader can run ~1000 transactions on a single charge.
How do I view the reader's charging status?
Press and release the power button of the card reader once to see the charging status. The green LED lights on the reader indicate its battery status.
|● ● ● ●||Full charge|
|● ● ● ○||75% charge|
|● ● ○ ○||50% charge|
|● ○ ○ ○||25% charge|
|● ❂ ○ ○||(flashing) Charging|
The Vinoshipper Mobile App also displays a color-coded battery life indicator for the connected card reader. This indicator can be seen next to the card reader connection status when viewing the card reader within Settings. It can also be seen next to the card reader connection status on the menu bar on the iPad.
|Connected ●||Connected card reader has >= 40% battery life remaining|
|Connected ●||Connected card reader has >= 10% and < 40% battery life remaining|
|Connected ●||Connected card reader has < 10% battery life remaining|
How do I turn off the reader?
The reader automatically turns off after 10 hours of inactivity. To turn off the reader manually, press and hold the power button until the four LEDs display a power down sequence (after roughly 6 seconds).
What do the different LED lights and reader sounds mean?
The Stripe name and logos are trademarks or service marks of Stripe, Inc. or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.